Wednesday 7 December 2011

Is the Mosquito the Problem?


Today I was lying down on my bed trying to catch up on some lost sleep, it was three in the afternoon and my eyes were as droopy as they would be at 3 in the morning! The lights were off and the curtains were drawn, the weather was perfect and the silence was deafening.
I was already half way through being unconscious, and the hazy yet clearing picture of me driving my Aston Martin in the country side was forming. Eric Clapton playing on the stereo and a chilled bottle of beer was sitting in the door pocket. It was like eternal bliss. It was one of those dreams you wished came true.  
Just as this picturesque dream began to form and play in my dreams, I heard a buzzing sound. It was a stupid mosquito, I was pulled out of my dreams in Hollywood style, and now I was looking at a mosquito buzzing and circling around my head. Though tiny, yet causing the maximum number of human deaths in the world, this fragile looking creation of nature carries deadly diseases with ease, it can be considered no less that an Aston Martin, but it is not highly regarded as a topic to dream upon, more of a nightmare I can say .
Now my sleep was lost, lost and gone, nowhere to be found, all that remained in and around my head was that mosquito.
Staring blankly at the fan I realized something. I realized that problems are just like a mosquito. 
They keep coming when you least expect them to come, will keep nagging at you, and sometimes even suck the life out of you, they are deadly at times, and have a permanent presence. They remain around you and also take a large amount of place in your head! Just when you seem to relax and have the time of your life, problems destroy them for you. We end up not fulfilling a few of our dreams because problems in our lives do not allow us to reach our goals! The “smallest” of problems can cause the greatest of affects. And they keep coming back for you.
Now there are two ways of solving the mosquito crisis, by using chemical evaporators or nets, which only give us a sense of satisfaction, but no real satisfaction, because neither of them really solve the problem, they only give us temporary relief. The other way is the way of squishing them to their death, a smack of the hand or the newspaper gives us a permanent solution.
The same way we have two ways of combatting our problems, the first being- taking external help, help taken in kind or in cash, which only deters the problem. The other way is by squishing the problem just like the mosquito, this can be achieved by using our strength, will power and determination, eradicating the problem forever!
But it’s not all that easy, because just like unlimited mosquitoes, there are unlimited problems, they will continue to come, we just need to fight them off to live another day! Don’t lose hope, just like we don’t think much of a mosquito, we need to do the same for our problems, it makes it easier! When the mosquito comes to buzz around you, don’t cover your face with your blanket, it will always find a way in!   

No comments:

Post a Comment