Monday 19 December 2011

I Hate My Parents!!



I hate my parents! I hate them for who they are. I hate them for what they did when I was a child. The held my hand when I couldn’t stand on my own, picked me up when I couldn’t walk, caught me before I could fall, and wiped my tears off every time I cried, they gave me everything I needed even before I could ask for it, they forgave me for sins that even god wouldn’t forgive me for, taught me how to write, taught me how to speak, taught me humility, humanity and humbleness. It’s been eighteen years since they brought me into their lives, for the past eighteen years of my life I have been taking them for granted. They give me unconditional love, and I give them unconditional hatred. What I said amused me but it hurt them, every mistake I made was an experience for me, for them it was another struggle. Not once did they ask me for anything, and they never will.

I hate them for the love and care that they have given me, for I do not know if I would be able to love them as much as they love me. Even if I try to love them more than anybody or anything in the world I would never be able to come close to the amount they love me for a day. Every drop of blood that flows in them has my name on it, they wouldn’t think twice to sacrifice this blood so that I could live for another minute. They may go hungry but they would never allow the food to finish in my plate. They may wear the same clothes every day just so that I could have a new pair for every other day.

But what about the future, when they begin to age, when their bodies have weathered because of the struggles they have gone through to keep me alive, when though their will and mouth still as strong as steel yet their bodies are as weak as twigs, what will happen to them then? When it will be my turn to love them like my children, to take care of their fragile bodies, to lift them up when they can’t walk, to hold their hand when the earth beneath them is uneven, to feed them when they have no teeth left, or when they cry in pain to wipe their tears off.  Will I be there, will I give them what they take for granted in me, the love that they gave me, would I have the same for them?

I love my parents and if I have no clothes to wear I would make sure you do, and if I have clothes to wear I will make sure a hundred like you will be clothed. If I have the strength I would lift you atop the Mt Everest, if I had the will I would never let you cry in pain, if I have a heart I shall name after no one but you!
See my love that I have for you! With every promise comes an ‘if’! It proves that I can never love you as much as you love me, for you never had an ‘if’ before you did anything for me, the love that you had for me was unconditional love, love so pure that religion seemed stained. But look what I have for you- before the test of time comes, I have already set forth my conditions on my love for you. This is the love that I have for you.

Love your parents unconditionally, because they did the same without anybody asking them to!              

2 comments: