Wednesday 14 December 2011

I Believe in the Evil


This thought is based on good and evil. I in my short existence on this planet have realized the importance of good and evil. In many societies it is a complete taboo to utter the word evil, in some societies people are scared to be associated to the evil, and many women have lost their lives over false witch hunting which brings me to this thought.
I believe that evil is way more important than good because it is the degree of evil that defines how good a person is. Have we ever thought that if there was no evil there wouldn’t be any good. To strengthen my point I’ll give a few explanations.

Firstly good and evil are opposites, hence no evil-no good. But this is a simple explanation for the shallow minded people.
Secondly, and the much more deeper thought is that only because we do not commit certain deeds that are evil do we become good people. For example theft is an evil thing to do and if we do not steal we are good people. Hence we can see that it is the evil that defines the good. To further strengthen my point, if stealing wasn’t an evil thing to do, it would neither be a good thing to do, it would just be a normal part of our lives, leaving us un affected.
My third and final reason is that only because there is evil do we believe in the good and the god, we pray to god to protect us from evil, we pray for his help when we are in trouble, we ask him to forgive those who have done something evil against us.
I believe that there is a very strong balance of good and evil and we cannot change it. The more good we try to spread the more evil will too. All we can do is try and change the type of evil that we have to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment